- The Federal Polytechnic, Ede came into existence in February, 1992, vide Decree No. 33 of 25th July, 1979 as amended by Decree 5 of 1993. It currently runs Twenty.nine (29) National and Higher National Diploma programmes and Twenty-two (22) Academic Departments.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience15 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Location: Ede, Osun
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic. He exercises general authority over both staff and students.
- He is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- In addition to proven management and leadership ability, the successful candidate is expected to among other things give academic leadership and play activity role in enhancing academic excellence and extending the services of the Polytechnic to Government, immediate communities, industrial sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- The applicant must therefore posses a very high sense dedication to duly, drive and resourcefulness.
- Above all he must be a person of proven integrity.
Qualities and Qualifications
- The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following academic qualifications and personal qualities.
- Must hold a minimum of a Masters Degree in areas relevant to any of the programmes offered in the Polytechnic from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least 15 years of academic and administrative experience at least five of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer with not less than five (5) years experience on that rank in the Polytechnic Sector.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership.
- Must provide evidence of Membership of a reputable professional body which will be of definite advantage.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision necessary for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and challenging constraints.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from government hospital).
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of papers at educational conferences, seminars! workshops)
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
Applicants should submit their applications in a sealed envelope and market “Post of Rector” on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic, Ede,
- Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
2. The Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
P.M. B. 0231, Bauchi
Internal and External Advertisement
Vacancy for The Post of Rector
Applications Are Invited From Suitably Qualified Candidates For The Post Of Rector Of The Polytechnic
The Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi was established in accordance with Decree NO. 33 of 1979 based on the Federal Polytechnic Act (Cap 139) as amended by the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Decree No. 5 of 1993.
The Polytechnic located at Kilometre 15 along Dass Road was established in order to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigerian economy. The Institution runs full-time programmes at both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma levels (ND & HND), which are all accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic. He has power to exercise general authority over both the Staff and Students and is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council. In addition to proven Management and Leadership experience, the successful candidate must have visibly manifest passion for academic endeavour and scholarship and also be credible to the academic community.
REQUIREMENTS FORTHE POST
- Should be at least Chief Lecturer or its equivalent, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience on that rank
- Should possess at least a Master’s Degree, preferably in the relevant and technical courses offered in the Polytechnic. Possession of a PhD Degree is an advantage.
- Should exhibit evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good industrial human relations and positive managerial attributes
- Should show evidence of membership of reputable professional body(ies) in Nigeria
- Should produce evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and/or workshops
- Should have the ability to attract funds and development facilities to the Polytechnic, as well as maintain and improve the Institution’s pace of Development
- Should provide evidence of proficiency in ICT.
- Should be of sound physical and mental health
- Should be objective, fair minded, impartial, and of unquestionable character and proven integrity
- The successful applicant must not exceed 59 years of age at the time of assumption of duty
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT/CONDITIONS OF SERVICES
The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four (4) years’ and no more. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applicants are to attach to their applications, twenty (20) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, given the details in the following order:-
(i.) Full Names with Surname underlined
(ii.) Date and place of Birth
(iii.)State of Origin/Local Government
(vi.) Number and ages of children
(vii.) Current Postal Address/including telephone No. and E-mail address
(viii.) Educational Institutions attended with dates
(ix.) Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
(x.) Membership of Professional Body(ies) and Association(s) :
(xi.) Academic/Scholarly Publications
(xii.) Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
(xiii.) Present employment status and salary
(xiv.) A statement of his/her vision for the Polytechnic in the 21st Century
(xv.) Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims of academic and managerial capabilities as well as their characters
Invited applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials to the Interview. Twenty (20) copies of applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes and marked “POST OF RECTOR” at the top left hand corner, to reach:
P.M. B. 0231,
Bauchi, Bauchi State.
Not later than August 10, 2017.